As Halloween approaches, there will be many people looking for things to do with spare pumpkin. The most versatile thing you can do is make pumpkin puree and then you may use it in many, many different things.
How to make Pumpkin Puree
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Cut the pumpkin in half. Remove seeds and pulp. Place flesh side down on parchment paper.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tender, approx 30 -45 minutes test with a fork, comes out easily
- Scrape pumpkin meat from shell halves and puree in a blender.
Now you’re ready to make a million great food items, here’s a start for ideas:
- Pumpkin pie
- Pumpkin bread
- Pumpkin soup
- Pumpkin French toast
- Pumpkin spice muffins
- Pumpkin biscotti
- Pumpkin smoothie
- Pumpkin streusel pancakes
- Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Pumpkin flan
Recipes abound on the internet for any of the above, be sure to check the reviews for feedback on the recipes and when all else fails, they make great compost!